Repaired 360....wrong one returned?

The Rudeboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just got 360 back after red rings of death

Same serial number received that I shipped but is loaded with games/game saves & other gamer profiles that are not mine

Is this just a big mistake or have I got a replacement component?

Thanks

Just got 360 back after red rings of death

Same serial number received that I shipped but is loaded with games/game saves & other gamer profiles that are not mine

Is this just a big mistake or have I got a replacement component?

Thanks

Sounds like you got someone else's hard-drive. if the serial number is the same then it can only be that.
Wow ! This is a great chance to absolutely hammer them. Play dumb......insist you have the wrong console, when they ask a few questions and establish you have the correct serial number hammer them for swapping the drives and losing all your save games.

Take it to the top I tell ya......THE TOP !!!!!

I didn't think you were supposed to send your hard drive. I think somebody else sent it and was taken off the xbox. Microsoft (being the normal genius repair centre) didn't record which console the hard drive came off so shoved it on any console. And your the lucky person who got the hard drive.

Shocking!!

Didn't they tell you to take the hard drive off? I was told to remove everything when mine went back, including the front panel.

I would kick up a fuss, although the chances of getting your hard disk back are probably slim :(

I didn't think you were supposed to send your hard drive. I think somebody else sent it and was taken off the xbox. Microsoft (being the normal genius repair centre) didn't record which console the hard drive came off so shoved it on any console. And your the lucky person who got the hard drive.

Shocking!!

Uh oh ! Rudeboy did you have a Hard drive before ? is there any of your info on there at all ?

if there is any credit cards stored on you acc i would suggest contacting microsoft and enquiring about removing them, or recovering your tag so it cant be used on the console which gets your drive.

When i registered the repair on the phone i wasn't told to remove anything!

Just phoned them and all they said to do was reformat!!

Ill have to try and recover my gamertag when live is back up but had a question as I had difficulty in this area previously

I'v had a live account prior to Windows Live ID....for some reason I couldn't access account information recently using my original e-mail and password

I tried to set up a new windows live account with my e-mail and gamertag but it doesn't like the format of my e-mail as I'm using my original freeserve e-mail address which is [email protected]

How can I recover the gamertag?

simple answer is,if the details arent working, you cant.

you could try to log into xbox.com*,if that works, and you get logged into your profile that way, change the info there, then format the hard drive,and recover the profile after that.
*hopefully your browser might have the saved info, and you can then just log straight in,without entering any details.
but once the details are gone, or not working any more, or you forgot them, if you never set up an alternate email address for live/hotmail, then you cant get the "forgot my details" email/reset info.

unless they get your hard drive to you, all the saves are gone, as is the content,so you would have to redownload it all,and start from scratch on games,that you were in the middle of.(you will still have the profile/achievements though).

Last edited:
Hi

I sent mine back a few weeks ago with the RROD problem.

When you received the return label, the packing instructions clearly states that everything is to be removed, and you only return the basic unit, no HD, controllers etc.

I am sure under their T&C's somewhere, they will be covered if you failed to comply.

John

Both times my 360 went back to microsoft to be repaired for the RROD. The person on the phone told me to just send the console i.e no hdd , leads pads and games in the drive before i boxed it up. Does sound like you have the wrong hard drive. Would ring them soon as possible.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom