1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repair Times

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rizla, Jan 15, 2004.

1. rizla

rizla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had my Panny 200 for 2 weeks when I noiced some dead pixels .so duly returned it to the supplier who quoted a 2 week repair time.Its now been 6 weeks and they still cant give me a return date as panasonic are awaiting spare parts.
    Does anyone know how I stand within the law on getting a new replacement or my money back or have I just gotta put up with this. Its been alot of money for a 2 week ownership.
    How long have you guys waited for repairs.
    Thanx guys

2. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My panny AE100 died on me, send it away to be fixed on the monday and came back the following monday. If a PJ has dead pixels when purchased I would do my best to get it swapped for another one ASAP, but then the next one could have dead pixels too, luck of the draw I guess. If they are waiting for spare parts then it would be the LCD panels, surprised they didnt just swap it, as these (and bulb) are the expensive part of a PJ.

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,202
    For dead pixels its unlikely they will do a repair. You should be getting a new unit.
    The waiting for spare parts excuse sounds like procrastinating.

4. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i waited 2 months mate, and they didn't even give me a call when they sent it back. I was so annoyed with them. Just one pixel needed to be repaired
    i was very annoyed
    fred

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Panasonic 'customer support' are a minefield of misinformation.

Best bet is to keep persuing the repair on the telephone. I did and it got things moving with my AE300 repair.

Cap:)