repair time ?????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pinky3003, May 20, 2004.

1. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    ok....my panny xr45 has been in for repair under guarantee for 6 weeks now with a repair agent.....just been told its going to be another 2 or 3 weeks...my question is how long should i have to wait till they give me a new unit ????...(****** off pinky)

2. Morb

Morb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Well i think that your unit has been away from you far to long already, and if i was you i would seriously be giving them a hard time. I mean what are they doing hand craftin every component needed them selves.

Probably of no use to you but good luck and i hope you get it back soon.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,268
    If the unit is being repaired under guarantee then after a period of about 6 weeks you should really be entitled to a new machine. I will note however that the new machine should be supplied by the Panasonic at no cost to the retailer/repair agent who i am sure have been doing their best to keep chasing Panasonic about this matter.

4. pinky3003

pinky3003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    after a lot of messing about....panny have agreed a refund.....now do i go for another 45....or go for a 50 which the only diff i can see is component connections and about £50 cheaper.....or go for something diff as i have said on related post....so i have about £300+ to spend.....time to research again!!!