Repair shorted Pioneer VSX-S520D

PeterWesterlund

Novice Member
Hi, I'm new here :hiya:

So, my home theatre receiver, a Pioneer VSX-S510D has got shorted. It starts up but after a few seconds the text "Check SP wire" shows up on the display. This happened after disconnected two speakers and forgot to turn off the device. The copper wires must have touched wrong parts. Yes, it was stupid. And yes, I might need to send it for reparation.

But first, I wanna see if it maybe could be possible to repair myself with help from this forum. And no, I have no idea what I'm looking at when I open the case. So I need a lot of support here.

Buy the way,
  • I have already inspected the terminal as good as I can and I do not see any left over copper there.
  • I have of course also tried with unplugging the receiver and let it rest over night. It didn't help.
  • I have tried to reset the device by superquickly during start-up go in to System Settings and Clear. That made "Clear" stay on the display for a longer while and then turn off. This time with the blue Network indicator light on. Although, starting the reciever again just shows "Initializing..." and then shows "Check SP wire" again...
So, here we are. Is there anything more I can do?:

IMG_7544.PNG

IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7559.JPG

dobrykamil

Check SP wire error means, that overcurrent protection has kicked in and usually can be cleared by resetting main microcontroller. Unfortunately service manual isn’t available for this model, so don’t really know how to do that.

PeterWesterlund

Novice Member
Check SP wire error means, that overcurrent protection has kicked in and usually can be cleared by resetting main microcontroller. Unfortunately service manual isn’t available for this model, so don’t really know how to do that.
Interesting anyway. How is it done for other models, for example?

dobrykamil

Other models have some buttons on the front panel and you use one or two of them with power button. Unfortunately your avr doesn’t have any buttons except power on/off.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom