Repair or Replace TH37PX70

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by baggy89, Jun 15, 2009.

1. baggy89

baggy89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I currently have a TH37PX70 bought October/November 2007. Last week it broke:thumbsdow I put it to a Panasonic Approved Repairer today who has quoted me £274 for the repair. Now the missus took the phone call so I haven't spoken to the guy yet and whether its deemed "acceptable" or not I will haggle on the cost of repair.

I do however have a dilemma. Is it really worth repairing the TV??

With the minimal research I have found the TXP37X10 for £577.90 with a 5 year warranty at Richer Sounds.

Although it's £300 more I have a 5 yr warranty (which with hindsight I should have taken originally)

The TH37PX70 has had a lot of use it's probably on 8 - 10 hrs a day every day. I don't want to end up in a situation of throwing good money after bad. I think quite often once things start to go wrong they continue to do so.

So just really looking for advice/opinions (if anyone can be bothered) on the two sets, experience of having a plasma repaired, alternatives??

Thanks in advance!!

2. tv-tech

tv-tech
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take it to a local engineer! What is wrong with it? Have you been told what parts are required?

Why not persue it with the place you bought it from?

You have not had reasonable use out of it.