Question Repair of Tannoy Revolution Signature LCR

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers' started by wizbongre, Jul 26, 2018.

1. wizbongre

wizbongre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Hi,

The centre speaker in my home AV setup, a Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6 LCR, has developed a fault where one of the bass drivers is rattling if I push anything below about 90Hz through it, even at moderate sound levels. I'm guessing it needs repairing or more likely replacing.

I'm conscious that my RevSig system is a good few years old now and I've not dealt with Tannoy or any of their partners in terms of repairs.

Anyone got any thoughts or experience they can share in terms of if it can be repaired or the driver replaced? I'm really hoping its not beyond recovery...

I'm going to speak to the in-house engineer at Creative Audio (where I bought it from) tomorrow to get his thoughts.

(And sorry for posting here, but I thought the dedicated Speakers forum might deliver more experience of speaker repairs!)

2. Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    A few years back I had to replace a tweeter on one of my Tannoys. Contacted their support, got one posted out. 4x screws and hey presto it was replaced. So definitely try fixing it.

3. wizbongre

wizbongre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Thanks, that gives me some hope!