Repair Insurance / out-of-warranty cover

blacklion1725

Novice Member
I've just read the thread below about problems experienced with third party repair insurance cover.

I am getting bombarded with offers to cover me now my Sky warranty has expired (it expired years ago!)

Based on the monthly charges, I have always declined this extra cover since it amounts to more than the cost of one Sky service call per year, or a privately sourced second hand box. I have had three Sky service calls ever, two of which were inside warranty, the other was negotiated free. This is reinforced by the fact that the extended cover is charged per box (I have three) and not per whole installation.

Am I missing anything - is there any value to be had from these extended warranty/insurance schemes, from Sky or a third party?

Bachstrad

Novice Member
I've just read the thread below about problems experienced with third party repair insurance cover.

I am getting bombarded with offers to cover me now my Sky warranty has expired (it expired years ago!)

Based on the monthly charges, I have always declined this extra cover since it amounts to more than the cost of one Sky service call per year, or a privately sourced second hand box. I have had three Sky service calls ever, two of which were inside warranty, the other was negotiated free. This is reinforced by the fact that the extended cover is charged per box (I have three) and not per whole installation.

Am I missing anything - is there any value to be had from these extended warranty/insurance schemes, from Sky or a third party?
I don't think you're missing anything, you've raised all the points that negate the purchase of an extended warranty. It's not worth it!

ATB

Max

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom