Repair Confusion

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by ScriptDaddy, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ScriptDaddy

ScriptDaddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all.

My replacement XBOX 360 died on me 1 day before the 3 month warranty ran out.So I registered the device for repair and got a shipping label sent through. A few days later UPS came and picked up the XBOX and shipped it off the Microsoft. I then received an email saying they had received my xbox.

I could check the status of the repair by logging into the Support section of the XBOX website and clicking on Managed Registered Device option. It would tell me that the device was under repair and I could then follow another link to show me which of the 4 stages of repair the XBOX was at.

However, today I logged on and when I select the Manage Registered Device option, it tells me that XBOX has No Pending Repair and gives the option to Register a New Repair and tells me my Standard Warrenty has expired, which it would have, but I registered the repair the day before the warrenty ran out.

The other confusing thing is that when I search by using the repair number and postcode it shows me that it's currently at Stage 3, which confirms they are working on it.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is it worth trying to speak to the Indians at the call centre and can they tell me any more than what the website it telling me?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Ben