1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renting Plasma's?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cerebros, Jan 4, 2003.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I realise this is probably a silly question considering how comparatively new plasma TV's are, but is anywhere like Radio Rentals renting them yet?

I'm looking for a new TV (in fact have recently had a bad experience with 3 Toshiba 28ZD26P's before getting a refund) and aside from a few CRT sets, something like a 32" or 37" plasma is starting to appeal. However, I'm not quite willing to pay the current prices for plasma sets and would want to wait for them to come down a bit before purchasing, hence the idea to rent for the time being.

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +393
    I would have thought that by the time you've rented one for 6/12 months you'll have nearly paid for it and then you'll have to buy one aswell ... ??

Jon

3. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Well having never rented a TV before I've no idea what percentage of the cost of the set the rental works out at, but I wouldn't have thought that you'd pay for the whole thing in 12 months, otherwise where's the incentive to rent? A small bit of intensive saving for a couple of months and you could buy outright....