Rental Property, guarantor query...

Egg White

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
hi folks,
after some advice from the collective knowledge of avforums... :)

bascially my lady is the guarantor of her daughters rented place - tho, it's the boyfriend who is paying the rent, done it all up etc - and they had a massive argument on saturday night (not the first time!) and they've broken up for good...

and she's moved in with her gran (including her 2 sons - one is from this guy too) - but my lady is the guarantor and she's worried about any damage to the house, she rang the estate agent yesterday and she's guarantor for 12 months (about 6-7 months left) - and she wants to get out from that asap...

the police were called on saturday night - and a friend was saying that she could get out of being guarantor as she had to leave for her own safety etc...
there's no guarantee that he'll do any damage at all... but she doesn't want to tajke that risk...

has anyone got any ideas on the best way forward?

Have tweaked your title as we have a number of landlords on the forum .

Whilst I have no experience of this I would have thought your lady could be in for a potentially expensive lesson. The best that could happen is the ex stays, pays the rent and is the ideal tenant. the worst is that he trashes the place this week and leaves. anything in between is going to cost her I would have thought

thanks John - yeah... that's what we're hoping to avoid... but we have spoken to him (well, my lady's daughter) and he wants to stay there (he has no where else to go)...so with that we assume he will just continue his life etc - as he's got a full time job and will want access to see his son etc...

but he's a clown after a drink sadly... :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom