Rentaghost The Movie

IAN P

Out of all the possibilities that I could think would get the film treatment, er, Rentaghost wasn't one of 'em.:rotfl:

Talk about scraping the barrel.

Oh, and Russell Bland. I'll pass.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
That series takes me back.

We have up coming Battleship, Rubick's Cube film adaptations, and dire b-films like Mega Shark vs Octopus being made every other month, the Rent-a-ghost brand (no pun) is not making money currently, so why not, it wont be the worst film out there...he says

The Frighteners was a similar sort of idea, so it could be good.

PoochJD

Hi,

Heard about this early? Maybe he's going to play the back end of the horse, seeing as such an arse! (And he's got long floppy hair for the tail or mane, too!)

Whatever next... Russell Brand playing Bungle in RAINBOW: THE MOVIE. Or maybe we could see him in a "modern" version of CYRANO DE BERGERAC, as he has a reputation for being a ladies man (and a rep for telling lies) ;)

Sheesh. Talk about scraping the bottom of the septic tank in Hollywood! :eek:

HOLLYWOOD CINEMA - R.I.P. December 2010

Pooch

travid

NO!

Please RB, do not spoil one of the funnys from my past, especially with a bit of smut (its inevitable) thrown in:thumbsdow

travid

I was just talking about rent a ghost at work today, bizzare, loved that show :clap:
Exactly my sentiments, hence my negative feelings about a possible "modern" take on it:(

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Whatever next?

A Hollywood 3D re-imagining of Chorlton and The Wheelies?

kongisking

i would watch it if they could get the orignial mrs popov in it!!

brian s

Distinguished Member
Whatever next?

A Hollywood 3D re-imagining of Chorlton and The Wheelies?
If you forget the 3d I'd be up for that!:D The original was brilliant though I dare say Hollywood would ruin it. They'd wheel out a load of big names for the voiceovers.

:thumbsdow
Bri

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
20th Century Fox has acquired rights the new Rentaghost film, without Russell Brand who was originally linked.

It will star Ben Stiller, who is re-teaming with his Night at the Museum writers Tom Lennon and Robert Ben Garant. This new take by Lennon and Garant will have Stiller playin "an American turnaround consultant who is sent to the UK to reinvigorate a failing company."

AnimalOfAnarchy

Bloody hell, Rentaghost?! It was before my time but it's like saying they're making a movie adaptation of Tiswas or The Double Deckers!

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Bloody hell, Rentaghost?! It was before my time but it's like saying they're making a movie adaptation of Tiswas or The Double Deckers!
Could be the new ghostbusters :D

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
I loved this show when I was a kid, my dad would come in and look at the TV and say "Not that rubbish again"

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
What's next, a reboot of the magic roundabout with some annoying tit like Robbie Williams involved.. oh no....

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
Renta-a-Ghost was a good little childrens series and is a great idea for a film. Peter Jackson made a decent enough film centred around the exploitation of ghosts for business purposes. However I doubt hollywood is capable of doing this any justice and expect another loud incoherent 3D mess.

lee667

Renta-a-Ghost was a good little childrens series and is a great idea for a film. Peter Jackson made a decent enough film centred around the exploitation of ghosts for business purposes. However I doubt hollywood is capable of doing this any justice and expect another loud incoherent 3D mess.
the frighteners is a quality film. by all accounts the stiller version of this would be like night at the museum but with ghosts instead :facepalm:

WildeKarde

How about the adventure game as a movie but made as an 18, no more nice dragons wanting to help them escape :devil:

Top Bottom