renovating dedicated HT room 20x15'

misivan

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm currently renovating my dedicated HT room, 15'x20' and consider changing the current Klipsch in-wall regular speakers to somthing more professional. First, I wish to change my regular 120" tension screen to accustic, which would allow me to place 3 LCR speakers behind it.
Will placing three units of KLP-5000-THX-LCRs provide sufficient front stage?
For Atmos, is there an added value to pay more for the PRO-180-RPC, or will the PRO-160-RPC be enough?
For the surrounds, is there really an added value for my room size to invest in the RP-502S, or will the RP-402S be enough?
Thanks for sharing from your knowledge!

Hi there and welcome to AVF. You might not have noticed that this is UK based forum and those special THX Klipsch speakers are very rare here.

As you want fast reply from people who has used them i urge you to ask also here. Register, copy/paste your question in new thread and hopefully you will get help:

Do keep us posted which way you go in the end!

PS. Youthman tested those RP-502S at youtube if you search he´s channel. He has some even larger surrounds and there was still difference, but as always it depends.. How far away they are, how big is the price difference, are you listening near reference volume etc. You have to consider carefully so you won`t get buyers remorse. If too expensive then do the upgrades in phases.

Hi there and welcome to AVF. You might not have noticed that this is UK based forum and those special THX Klipsch speakers are very rare here.

As you want fast reply from people who has used them i urge you to ask also here. Register, copy/paste your question in new thread and hopefully you will get help:

Do keep us posted which way you go in the end!

PS. Youthman tested those RP-502S at youtube if you search he´s channel. He has some even larger surrounds and there was still difference, but as always it depends.. How far away they are, how big is the price difference, are you listening near reference volume etc. You have to consider carefully so you won`t get buyers remorse. If too expensive then do the upgrades in phases.
Thanks a lot for your input. I just shared my questions also in the Klipsch community forum.
Will keep you posted!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom