Question Renewing my Sony STR-KG800

mnemic

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, let me introduce me. I'm a newbie in AV receivers, but many years ago I had the oportunity to buy the Sony STR-KG800 for a cheaper price, 99€ (I think it was a bargain). It survived to a AC dripping thanks to its protection circuit. But today it has suffered another AC dripping and now is dead.

My aim right now is to only swap the AV receiver and keep the 5.1 speakers (135W per channel at 6Ohms 1kHz plus 190W active Subwoofer). And maybe in the near future to add 2 Dolby Atmos ones.

Due to my living room distribution, I can't add ceilling or back surround speakers, for this reason, Dolby Atmos is my best option to upgrade to 7.1 (or 5.1.2, I don't know if it's the same).

My TV is a Plasma FHD Panasonic (TH46PZ86) that is also about 10 years old (but it has an amazing video quality), for this reason, I think in a near future i'm going to buy an OLED TV.

I have a Sonos Amp, an Amazon FireTV and, sometimes my Laptop, connected to my receiver, for this reason, streaming capabilities aren't a must for me, but video pass-through is important, although right now I don't need any HDR or current video technology, my Panasonic can't handle them.

Finally, I will use it to watch Netflix, my Plex Media Server, Amazon Prime, Youtube, HBO mainly.

After read a lot of threads I think Denon AVR-X1500H in 5.1 configuration (400€ in Spain), Denon AVR-X550BT (300€ in Spain) or Denon AVR-X250BT (200€ in Spain) fits well with my needs, but, maybe, any of you could help me to find any cheaper or better one. I don't want to spend more than 300€, but if X1500H is worth it, I will make the effort to reach 400€.

At the end, the 80% of the time it will play Mickey's Clubhouse, Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol, PJ Mask and so on :)

Best Regards,
Mnemic

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom