Render recommendations

Warriors2010

Afternoon all,,

I’m looking for recommendations for getting the rear of my house rendered.

Firstly, it already has render on it, but it is perished in places and is in desperate need of repair/replacement.

Id like the coloured render installed, so that I don’t have to mess about painting again.

A) are there any recommended makes/types of render that can be applied over existing render (once made sound)

B) can anyone recommend a company in the north-west

C) does anyone have a rough ballpark figure for cost/sq mtr, before I ring around for daft quotes!

iv had a look at the K-rend, monocouche and spray-on render. Does anyone have any experience with having any of these installed?

thanks all.

oneman

We had coloured monochouche done about 20 years ago and still looking good. Sorry no idea about price these days but I suspect not cheap.

Warriors2010

We had coloured monochouche done about 20 years ago and still looking good. Sorry no idea about price these days but I suspect not cheap.
I think this may be the way to go but getting anyone to come out and price it up, let alone do the job, is already proving difficult. Everyone is so bloody busy it seems!

basserphil

i would ask a mate or hire or tower scaffold, chip off the old render, its failing from what you say? Then when back to brick, decide if the brickwork just needs sand blasting to clean up, possible repoint?
Just my opinion,as i think render is too much maintenance and doesnt help the house breathe....

Warriors2010

i would ask a mate or hire or tower scaffold, chip off the old render, its failing from what you say? Then when back to brick, decide if the brickwork just needs sand blasting to clean up, possible repoint?
Just my opinion,as i think render is too much maintenance and doesnt help the house breathe....
im hoping the render will help part insulate the house because it’s bloody freezing in winter!

iv (hopefully) got someone coming to price it up the week after next. Whether he turns up or not is another question. Everyone I speak to says they’re mad busy!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom