1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renault Zoe

Discussion in 'Hybrid, PHEV & EV Electric Cars Forum' started by a l e x, Dec 12, 2016.

1. a l e x

a l e x
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,483
    Anyone got a Renault Zoe or have any thoughts on them? On the hunt for a new car. Won't go far, will be used by my wife to drive the 10 miles or so to work and the odd trip into town. Any longer drives will be done in my car. At the moment she is driving a Mini Cooper S and it's just a waste. The MPG for short trips is terrible and she doesn't make the most of the power on busy roads.

She likes the look of the Zoe and after having a think an electric car does make sense for the short journeys. Having a look online I see that Evans Halshaw have what seems to be a decent deal. £999 deposit and then only £129 per month for 3 years. You have to pay an extra £55 a month for the battery rental but still, £184 seems pretty cheap! We probably spend close to £150 a month in petrol at the moment anyway.

Be interested in any thoughts by those that have a Zoe or have driven one!

Thanks!

2. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +976
    I think my views on EVs is pretty obvious :)

Mother in law has a Zoe, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one to anyone whos usage profile is mainly short trips and you have off road parking for charging. I would happily swap my Leaf for one.

One of the autocar editors has been running one for the last year, his lastest blog about living with a Zoe is a pretty accurate reflection of what most EVs owners feel.... Essentially once you take that first step its hard to go back to combustion cars ever again. My only word of warning is to not even attempt justifying the costs of a Tesla once youre bitten by the EV bug.... That particular exercise really only has one bad outcome for your savings :).

Buying a Renault Zoe: why I can't live without it | Autocar

3. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +976
  4. DrPhil

DrPhil
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,158
    I have a Leaf, but I can thoroughly recommend EVs.

Be prepared to look sheepish when you start taking her car out instead of your own...

5. a l e x

a l e x
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,483
  6. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    That deal is for the older Zoe with the smaller battery so probably why it is so cheap since they are trying to sell them off (an older and less desirable model that will suffer big depreciation due to the reduced range compared to the current model). Also the mileage limit on the battery hire could be a bit restrictive.