1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renault Clio Radio stays at CODE will not go to 0000

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by realitybites, Mar 19, 2005.

1. realitybites

realitybites
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Radio stays at CODE will not go to 0000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have a 1.4 Alize 1999 with a Phillips code protected radio. I have recently disconnected the battery so the unit came up CODE and then 0000. It accepted the code fine. Have again disconnected battery again had same sequence but inputted wrong code and the player refuses to go to the 0000 mode and just stays in CODE mode. Have disconnected battery again but no joy. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    There may be a time delay which will have to pass before allowing another code input. Do you have the correct code ?

3. chalkdust

chalkdust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes, there is a time delay which doubles after every wrong entry, 1 min, 2 min, 4 min, 8 min and so forth. Only tried a couple of times so is a bit puzzling.

4. chalkdust

chalkdust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Using Chalkdusts pc as mine is again, playin up ( a bit like my car :rolleyes: )

5. ashdb1

ashdb1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you know you said the time delay doubles.... will i have to leave it say 32 mins in one go or can i turn it off and it carrys on ? please get back to me thank you

6. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +577
    Go on a long journey leave the stereo on and let it reset it self. If you take it to a shop they will do the same.