For Sale Renault Clio 2 1999 T 3 door

Discussion in 'Archived Classifieds' started by Plain_Vanilla, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Selling my other halfs Renault Clio 1999 T reg is metallic bluey-lilac colour. It's a great little car, been serviced every year, 55,000 miles, good tyres, tax until June 2014, MOT March 2014. Engine is all good, very clean inside, good upholstery. Has a CD player, tinted glass, central locking. It's the 1.2 litre engine, cambelt was changed 3-4 years ago. This would be a great first car or economical run around.

Ok, the only problem I know of is a leaking sunroof. I haven't been able to trace it exactly, but when it stands in heavy rain we have found it lets wet. I can't pin point the exact cause, so presently the sunroof is gaffar taped up. It needs someone with a couple of hours to get this sorted out and I would guess it is either some mastic or a new rubber. The tape will easily clean off with some meths when it gets repaired. The passenger door also has a ripple from someone in a supermarket car park.

It's been a really good car that we have had for several years bought from a colleague at work. It's never let her down except when the battery failed last winter and that was changed.

It's in Leicester if anyone want to view. I've also advertised this at work. Pictures will follow by the weekend and it can go any time Saturday evening onwards. Despite the small issues above, it's a great little car but she needs a 5 door. We are an older couple so this has not been raced around by some kid :) Reduced to £420

I have read the trading rules and agree to abide by them at all times until the transaction is concluded to the satisfaction of all parties involved : Yes.
    --------------------------------------------------
    This message is automatically inserted in all classifieds forum threads.
    By replying to this thread you agree to abide by the trading rules detailed here.
    Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via PM to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:
    1) Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct too!
    2) Name and address including postcode
    3) Valid e-mail address (no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example).

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.
    Also we advise that the vendor post images of the items for sale. This helps your sale by showing the condition of the goods prior to dispatch.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Before anyone asks, its priced fairly to reflect low mileage and take account of the issues.

Reserved for pictures

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  3. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Ok, quick update and bump. Didn't upload any pictures as we had someone arranged coming to see it tonight, they brought a mechanic and agreed it was a good car and found no faults, said how good it was. He said the sunroof was no problem, he could easily sort it and it was left we thought his sister, the buyer was having it. We have just had a call to say she can't raise the funds! So, I'll post some pictures tomorrow, but if anyone wants to come and see it tomorrow evening after 4 or Monday you are welcome to get in touch.

It is advertised elsewhere. Great car for a first driver or someone who motors on a budget.

4. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Going to close this thread, no interest, or was anyone waiting for pictures? :)

5. call of duty 45

call of duty 45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Lov some photo's please !! Daughters 1st car ?? Is this a nice safe car ??

6. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hi, thanks for the interest. Pictures will follow shortly, just on mobile presently. I would have thought this would be an ideal 1st car, for a daughter the ideal colour, a metallic lilac. Its a good car, very genuine and I have been fully upfront re any known faults. Mechanically its very good, Mot until next year. So, its reliable and solid, good tyres and brakes, if I had a daughter genuinely I would be happy for her to have it.

I am off work the next 2 days, if you want to see it that would be ideal.

7. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Pictures added. I should say CoD45 (or anyone else) as you are a few miles away, for cash this car can be driven away we are ready for it to go. I've taken the tape of the sunroof earlier so anyone can see the mastic in there. We have nothing to hide. Should also say there are two keys with the car - and I remembered it had a new starter motor in the last year (before it failed) as that faulted. Ask anything you wish. I have now advertised it at work on our intranet so its whoever comes to see it :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  8. call of duty 45

call of duty 45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    cheers but we will not be coming to look at the car !! good luck and a free bump !!

9. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    I'm going to reduce this to £420 collected - no offers, no messing about. I am off work tomorrow and back after that and it gets awkward to arrange viewings. Speak up if you are interested as we know a local dealer will take it and that may be easier for us.

10. Plain_Vanilla

Plain_Vanilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Sold via work intranet