1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renaming Cd titles in sonicstage 2.3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by gonzer, Mar 17, 2005.

1. gonzer

gonzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Ive transfered my cd collection onto my HD3 but want to change the title to some of my albums. Ive transfered them back into sonicstage renamed them then transfered back onto the HD3 but the title hasnt changed, its the same as it was before I renamed it. While in my library it is the renamed title. Has anyone managed to change the title successfully? If so can you help?

Thanks

2. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The trick to this (in SS 2.3 at least) is that although you may have changed the name of the album, did you change the name of the album in the associated track properties?

If not, you'll find that changing the album title on the album alone won't make the blindest bit of difference on the HD3. This is because (I think!) the HD3 only looks at individual tracks and matches up like properties with like properties in order to 'group' the tracks (ie artist, genre, album, etc), which makes sense really.

To overcome thisyou'll need to change the album name on the INDIVIDUAL track (but this can be done to all tracks in an album at once - open up the album, then select all tracks, then RIGHT-CLICK, then select properties, then change the album to what you want, the OK it).

Note: similarly, if you only change the track properties then the album properties associated with the album won't be changed, so you'll want to do this as well to ensure that everything ties up.

This bug has been ironed out in SS 3.0, but before you upgrade (a link can be found in another forum) make sure you read the issues other users have had regarding reinitialising/retransferring tracks/connecting to CONNECT. I'd say 3.0 is a definite improvement, but be aware that you may encounter problems if you fly straight in!

Did this make sense? Hope its of some help.

3. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hes right, especialy about the upgrade, check the other threads here before you do anything.

4. gonzer

gonzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers will give it ago tonight