Removing unwanted Freeview channels from DMREH60 DVD

pappyon

Standard Member
Reaction score
I had no idea this could be done till I bought a cheap STB from ARGOS, and it's a bit late in the day to be asking this as I have had two Panasonic DMREH60 DVD recorders for four years, but is it possible to remove unwanted Freeview channels from those available for viewing on these machines.

I can assure anybody who might be contemplating answering this post that it isn't a case that I am asking this question because I am too lazy to try and find out for myself, but I have been through the manual from one end to the other and there is nothing whatsoever mentioned about this:(

I have also been through all menus available on the machine and can find nothing at all about it!

I also emailed Panasonic customer services but as usual did not get a reply:mad:

If it works the same way as my freeview stuff does, I assume you can move all the unwanted channels to the end of the listings and knock them off favourites so you don't see them when channel hopping.

Page 29 of the instructions i think, ''Channel Editing''.

Select the channel and then press the green button to ''Hide'' the channel.

At least, that's the way i read it.

You can set up a profile for the channels that you want to use ( See page 48 of the main user guide)

By the way if you only recently contacted Pana by email they are ( along with every other TV/DVD manufacturer ) experencing a higher than normal volume of emails / phone calls due to the National retune and may take a little longer than normal to reply.

"You can set up a profile for the channels that you want to use"

Yes but these profiles are only added on to the channel lineup and categories that are already available:rolleyes:

I understand what you are saying but what I would like to do is delete for all time the channels that I have absolutely no interest in, and wouldn't have to trawl through every time I want to set something up for recording and it would appear that this is impossible on a machine that cost nearly £500 yet I can do it on a STB that cost £20 in ARGOS:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom