Removing the pin to watch films

BritanniaJaf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have searched previous threads to find out how to remove the pin when watching a film during the day.

Can anybody help with this

One of the previous posts suggested doing a software update/upgrade.

Do i need to do this, i only got sky+ installed on saturday and assumed i would have the latest software

Cheers in advance:smashin:

Had Sky+ installed today and have pin restriction on Sky movies 9 only. Have tried everything in parental controls but no luck. (Installed Amstrad DRX280 all the engineer had - No Pace.):(
So would like answer to Pin question 2 please.

You won't be able to move the PIN request on Sky Movies 9 by changing settings on the Sky box. Sky are now showing 15+ and 18+ movies through the day on Sky Movies 9, (and Sky Movies 9 HD), so have to demand PIN entry if the movie being shown is outside of the 8pm/10pm watershed. But you can disable the request for PIN entry if you try to watch recordings you have made yourself outside of the watershed.

So how do you disable it then m8

Can't remember off top of my head (I'm not at home at the moment). Something along the lines of Services, Sky Set-Up, Viewing Restrictions. You have to input the PIN to start with, to be able to get into that function, but then you can turn PIN requests on or off for all movies, PG movies, 15 movies, 18 movies, Box Office, Adult Channels, etc etc etc.

AFAIK you will always have to input your PIN to watch recorded prgrams with the 15 or 18 rating during the day (before 8pm I think).

Can't say as it bothers me much.

Can you have a look m8 when you get home ,have tried changing everything but still no joy

Cheers

Just tried it. Services, 3, input your pin, 3. Then you can set what programmes require pin entry and which don't.

Excellent cheers m8, get the feeling i wasnt saving it.

works fine now, thanks for you help m8

AFAIK you will always have to input your PIN to watch recorded prgrams with the 15 or 18 rating during the day (before 8pm I think).

Even C4 films which I don't have to on my Freeview PVR :mad:

Had to enter a pin when watching the C4 films Secreraty and Zoolander from my planner.

All a bit 'OTT nannyesque' if you ask me

you can turn it off for recorded programs, but live ones on movies 9 & 10 always require it.

you can turn it off for recorded programs, but live ones on movies 9 & 10 always require it.

I've never found a setting in the services for this, maybe I need to update the software on my stb?

The only one I have found is Servives, 5, Pin Protect Kept Progs = OFF.

Yet I still have to enter a pin when watching live or recorded films from my planner from 9, 10 ad ven good old channel 4!

Am I missing something?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom