Removing Samsung stand

trojanjeff84

Standard Member
Purchased a 51 inch Samsung plasma, PN51D430A3DXZA. Need to know how to remove the locking base from the back of the tv.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Should be in the instuctions included with the TV. Presume you want to wall mount it.

alphajaz

Standard Member
I just purchased the same model of TV and I am also having the same issue removing the base from the television even after removing all (4) screws. I have even called Samsung in addtion to initiating an online chat and they told me I need to Open a Service Request? I hope I don't have to take this unit back for something this simple. Please post your findings if you find a solution. I will do the same

tfavretto

Standard Member
I just purchased the same model of TV and I am also having the same issue removing the base from the television even after removing all (4) screws. I have even called Samsung in addtion to initiating an online chat and they told me I need to Open a Service Request? I hope I don't have to take this unit back for something this simple. Please post your findings if you find a solution. I will do the same

I have the exact same issue.. all 4 screws are out however it still seems to be locked in place.There is a small rectangular hole on the left hand side with a padlock symbol beside it that I assume is to unlock whatever tab is hold the guide stand to the tv right now.. but I am stumped by how to make it work.

please please help

dwurin

Standard Member
I finally jammed a flat screwdriver on top of the guide stand and wedged the guide stand down. The rectangular hole does nothing. There are 2 clips on the top of the guide stand that go into the tv. The guide stand just needs to be pushed with a downwards force.

Hope this explanation helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom