1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing RFI - Observation on Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Costas, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Back in January a friend and I decided to buy plasma. We are both very happy with what we have got, him the Pioneer PDP-433MXE and myself the Pioneer PDP-433HDE. I definitely wanted the HDE since I have various pieces of equipment which are helped by the flexibility / connectivity of the media tuner box.

I have read and understood a lot about good interconnects but always wondered what could be the noticeable effect, if any, of higher quality mains cable to remove unwanted RFI. I had done it before for hifi sources with good results but not on video equipment. Following a note in some thread by jmack (thanks!) and the improvement achieved on his Panasonic plasma by changing the cable, I went for it!

On Tuesday this week, I replaced the mains cables of the the screen, tuner box and DVD player with The YellO power cable from Russ Andrews. The "burn-in" process takes up to 500 hours but I am very happy to say the picture improvement especially on non-DVD material source is already there. It is sharper and colours are even better defined.

The proof of my observation came last night when my friend came over. He was not aware of the cable change, I said nothing. He watched for a minute or two... and jumped up saying "what have you done to it? how can you make it even better? I can't see a scaler anywhere".

Hope this is useful to friends in the forum...

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great news
    the first thing i noticed was less flicker and over all better solid colour, some people think i`m mad but i know what i see now is different,
    glad you have improved your picture quality

3. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I also bought one of these, however after extended testing I could detect litle to no difference, and ended up sending the cord back.

4. SmegFirk

SmegFirk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the 37" pw5 and am willing to have a go.... what do i need? where do i go to get it? :)

5. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121