• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Removing Priv Dog

johnloughray

Standard Member
After a recent Commodo update i've now got Privdog on my laptop. I've trird the usual removal methods - Uninstall from programs - deleted from Regedit and programe files.

When i look in programs and features it is still there if i try to uninstall the wizard comes up, i get to the second function into it and it wont let me continue. See Link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByY...it?usp=sharing

next010

Distinguished Member
Privdog appears to be a genuine app it's listed on c-net under privacy software.

So it's not a virus or malware, most likely the installer for the application has been corrupted hence the ghost entry in uninstall programs.

The easy thing to try first is to download the privdog application and install it. That may simply repair the damage and make the uninstaller work again.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom