Removing Deinterlacing Artefacts in WMP9??

Messiah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise how I can prevent the horizontal deinterlacing lines often evident when playing HD material in WMP9. The iRobot trailer is a good one to see these.

I also see them using VLC but can all but remove them setting the deinterlace option to blend, bob or weave. However, in WMP9 even if I set video smoothing on they are still quite apparent.

I know WMP9 is not the best but it seems to play anything I throw at it - avi, wmv, mpg, ts, m3u, all of them. Videolan and WinDVD6 all seem to struggle or refuse to play at least one format or more.

Thanks.

On a separate note, if I decide to use WinDVD6 has anyone successfully setup up Girder to work with it? Seems no Girder templates are available for it as it says it supports Girder directly but I have no idea how. I've set up my iPronto to use Girder fully to control Theatertek and WMP9 but just don't know where to start with WinDVD6. Thanks again. All help and advice greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

hi Neil,

I'm not at my htpc right now, but PowerDVD 5 plays the WMV Hi Def stuff, so I wonder if that will allow any video options. WinDVD might do it too - have you tried it?

Gary.

It's only the ts files I've noticed it on, though not saying it isn't there on the wmv stuff also. WinDVD6 is fine, just haven't set up iPronto to control it yet, so I may just stick with this. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom