• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Removing candle wax from leather...

lynx

Senior Moderator
I have a pair of leather shoes which have been splashed by candle wax, how do i remove it? The obvious stuff has come away of a fashion however the wax adhereing to harder to reach bits is a bit of a pain...help.

SILVERBACK

leather shoes eh ? wink wink :rotfl: candle wax and leather,this should be in the adult forum section :D

Garrett

shahedz said:
put a newspaper over the wax and quickly use a hot iron to run over it., the wax will melt and stick to the paper and come off. for the bts inbetween,,hhhhm hairdryer to melt, then cloth on top to mop it up with
I think this could be the old way of doing it (use to say brown paper As well). Would not some kitchen towl be better????????????

mjn

Distinguished Member
SILVERBACK said:
leather shoes eh ? wink wink :rotfl: candle wax and leather,this should be in the adult forum section :D

Just what i was thinking!

shahedz

Distinguished Member
Garrett said:
I think this could be the old way of doing it (use to say brown paper As well). Would not some kitchen towl be better????????????

not sure if it is better but it certain works. i found out when my idiot sister decided to have a burning candle on top of one of my floor standers, so the wax dripped all over the front grill. i came home and cried!! and an iron later it was fine

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom