Removing account from old Playstation and adding it to a new one.

zed4

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Quick question, I’ve just bought a new PS4 in the Black Friday sales and I’m currently awaiting delivery. I’ve never had one before, but I did occasionally play my brother’s when he used to rent my spare room. I did create a Playstation account and I played a few games.

Question is, can I remove my account from my brother’s Playstation and add it to my new one? Is there a way of removing my account from my brother’s Playstation remotely, either from a web login or from the new Playstation. My brother has now moved away so I don’t have access to his anymore.

Many thanks,

Dan

If you still know the details of your ps3 account , just sign in here
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...BORDERLANDS2PSV1:pdc-psn-games-detail:709574-
goto > account settings ( click on nickname top right corner ) > media and devices and in there you can deactivate your account from your bros ps3 ,
then when you get your new ps4 , just sign in with the same details , and you'll be able to carry on using that account .

If you still know the details of your ps3 account , just sign in here
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/home/main?smcid=pdc:gb-en:buy now:EP9000-PCSF00570_00-BORDERLANDS2PSV1:pdc-psn-games-detail:709574-
goto > account settings ( click on nickname top right corner ) > media and devices and in there you can deactivate your account from your bros ps3 ,
then when you get your new ps4 , just sign in with the same details , and you'll be able to carry on using that account .

And that won't have any effect on my brother's Playstation or his account? It just removes my details from his machine?

PS. His is also a PS4.

And that won't have any effect on my brother's Playstation or his account? It just removes my details from his machine?

PS. His is also a PS4.
Just been looking into this , as just to be sure to my self and what im posting here ,
it doesn't look like it is possible now to do what i have said, ( i have just login with an old account on the sonys website to try and remove the old from my ps3) and for what ever reason i think they have changed " option to remove an account " :oops: sorry

so your best bet now , would be to speak to your bother , ask him to login into your user account
sign in online , then ask him to goto account management > system activation > ps3 system >
click on game (Highlighted in blue) and deactivate, scroll down and do the same on the video option
this is so that you have deactivated your account from his ps3 ,

then ask him to go back to your user name ( press left on the controller until he gets to your user name)
get him to press the triangle button over you user name , and this will give him the option to delete your account from his all together

not sure if you already know but you can still your account on your new ps4 as well as the ps3 .

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. I'll speak to my brother. His is a PS4, not a PS3, but I'm sure the process is similar. I thought I may be able to do it online as you suggested, but I'm sure my brother will be able to do it for me.

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. I'll speak to my brother. His is a PS4, not a PS3, but I'm sure the process is similar. I thought I may be able to do it online as you suggested, but I'm sure my brother will be able to do it for me.
yea it's much the same ,
as it is the ps4 , you can sign in online goto the same website as above i gave , login with your details.
goto account settings just click on your name and a drop down will appear > this will bring up an other page >click on devices, one of the top tabs .
under that you might see a box with a ps4 on it , that will say "my ps4" click on that and on the next page there will be an option to deactivate click that , and it will deactivate your details from your bothers ps4 .
if you don't see a box that says "my ps4" don't worry it just means your account hasn't or isn't been activated on your bro's ps4
just get him to delete your account from his ps4 ,
get him to login in to his account goto settings > users > delete user > and pick your account and delete from there .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom