removing AC3-RF?

canavan

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there anything non-obvious to consider if I want to remove the AC3-RF module from my AV32R-DP? As far as I can see, there's only one nut to unscrew and 2 plastic standoffs to undo. Does anyone know the 'secret' key codes to disable/enable the module, or will its absence be detected automatically? Is it possible to replace the AC3RF with a conventional coax SP/DIF input (not as a factory option, obviously, but can it be hacked, e.g. by connecting some pins on the mainboard's connector for the RF-board)?

i seem to recall you need to move the switches on the dipswitch under the board when you remove the ac3 module

And if you'd consider selling it...............

I know someone who wants one :D

Cheers

Bushy

AMCross: I have to admit I haven't seen any dip switches in any of my AV32Rs. Do you happen to have any information what the other switches (if there are any) are good for, and which one is for the AC3-RF? Or is there consensus that it is auto-detected?

just behind the LD digital inpt is a two switch dipseitch i seem to recall you needed to put it in one position for the ac3 unit to work as a rf input and the other way for the rca 2 to work as a coaxial digital output

my last two av32R 192 SP had the switch :confused:

Been after an AC3 input for a long while :)

just behind the LD digital inpt is a two switch dipseitch i seem to recall you needed to put it in one position for the ac3 unit to work as a rf input and the other way for the rca 2 to work as a coaxial digital output

my last two av32R 192 SP had the switch :confused:

It's not that my AV32Rs don't have them, I just haven't looked for them, and may just have forgotten seeing them. I'll have a go at removing the RF board when I get my hands on a new rectifier. Thanks for the help so far.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom