• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

REMOVED aka Blatant Piracy

kidou

Established Member
I clicked on their link as it was a sponsor to REMOVED and lo and behold a 'Backup' site. How they can dress this up as legit is beyond me. How can you own the dvd of a film that is at the cinema ie AVP Requiem and hence purchase a 'backup' from them?? This is blatant commercial piracy. Discuss. :thumbsdow

daveaka

Prominent Member
It looks like they have ther fingers in a few pies, DVD 'Backups', Wii, Xbox 360..I also noticed this message..
Due to PayPal being VERY unreasonable - we have had to take drastic measures to stop them fleecing us of our cash - so anyone wishing to pay via PayPal will find that their payment fails when checking out their baskets.. do not be alarmed this is totally normal.
..VERY unreasonable i.e banning them for trading in unauthorized copies of copyrighted materials I presume

Nobody can get away with selling pirated merchandise, I don't think that the internet can even save them. They will fall eventually.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Names removed as I don't want to give any pirate sites free publicity.

sore napper

Prominent Member
Had a look at the site, blatant, yes.

I had a look at their release for AVP Requiem. There was a description for Quality. It was listed as Average Quality.:rotfl:

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
average quality = geezer with a camcorder:D

Ron240

Prominent Member
Names removed as I don't want to give any pirate sites free publicity.
Good idea..i agree,but i still found it easily form the subject title of the first 2 people to reply. Cant you edit those posts as well?

What a rip off....i think FACT would take more than a passing interest in that site. ;)
Im gonna watch it to see how much longer it survives. :D

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Good idea..i agree,but i still found it easily form the subject title of the first 2 people to reply. Cant you edit those posts as well?

Done, thanks for letting me know.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom