1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove & Reinstall Powerstrip. Easy?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mark Ward, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    My Powerstrip has been quirky ever since I did a system restore some while back. The Refresh Rate says it has changed but according to my Barco it hasn't. I also have some other issues to do with resolutions I should be able toi achieve.

Ideally I'd liek to completely start again with Powerstrip and the Latest drivers available for my Radeon 9500 (Non-Pro).

How easy is this? and Can I be sure that no historical settings are left in the registry file?

Thanks,

Mark,

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Yeah, I'm struggling with this as well, when I first installed PS my system date was wrong, now it seems to have some fictional date buried deep in the registry that means I can no longer use it, even after an uninstall and re-install :(

Anyone have a list of keys that can be removed to help with this?

Owain

3. CAS

CAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If it's just a one-off I recommend a registry tool called "jv16 Powertools". It's the best registry cleaner/tool I've seen. You can uninstall leftovers, run the cleaner or do key word searches plus a thousand other things.

Download the trial from http://www.jv16.org/

CAS

4. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Mark - did you get this sorted?

I had a simliar problem with my 9800SE - changing refresh rate made no difference - it always stayed at 60Hz. You should try a little app called ATI Refresh Rate Fixer - available from http://www.majorgeeks.com/download660.html Can't remember precisely what it announces when you first fire it up, but it is something about removing non-standard resolutions (or something similar), if you OK this, you can then reconfigure powerstrip to add the new resolutions again.

Hope this helps,
    Chris.

5. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks Chris,

No I didn't get it sorted yet, my TiVo customisation has taken priority over the past few days.

RE:- ATI Refresh Rate Fixer....Will give this a try later today.

Also thanks to CAS for the info on the Reg Fixer, howver I really don't like installing time limited trialware products on my HTPC, and MS's reg-fix seems to do OK generally.

Cheers,

Mark.