1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Macrovision from harman DVD30?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Audioguy, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Audioguy

Audioguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

Does anyone here know how to get rid of Macrovision from a harman/kardon DVD30? After months of detective work and the able help of this forum I have been able to narrow down my video interference problems to Macrovision. My Panasonic 36" widescreen 100 Hz TV reacts badly to the Macrovision signal from the DVD player and produces very noticable interference on both RGB and S-video signals.

If there is no such fix for the h/k DVD30, do you know if there is one for the Denon DVD-3800, DVD-2900 or the DVD-2200? Or perhaps the Pioneer DV-656 or DV-668?

:lease:

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    It could be done on the DVD25 but I cant find anything for the 30.

Out of interest, how have you discovered this problem

3. Audioguy

Audioguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have had horizontal flickering bands on the screen, first all over the screen but after a period of about 5-10 minutes (warm-up?) only on the upper quarter of the screen. It is most visible on RGB but also to a lesser degree on s-video.

My first DVD player from Sony was modified to be multiregion and macrovision-free by a local company who exchanged a chip in the player so I never had problems with that player. Then I changed to a Pioneer DV-656 and after that to my current h/k DVD30 which both had this problem. It also occureed with a borrowed Denon DVC-2900. All these players were made multiregion via remote, i.e. macrovision still active. Also, I never had any problems with my STB's since they don't have macrovision.

How was macrovision removed from the DVD25? Was it valid for all video outputs (component, RGB, s-video, composite)?

Do you know if there is such a fix for the Pioneer DV-668 or Denon DVD-3800?

4. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    The option was one of the options when changing to multiregion on the 25. My DVD30 was modified by the dealer so I dont know what the options are. Maybe its worth downloading the Harman update and reviewing what is in the files.