• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Remove HDCP?

churchwa

Is there a relitivly inexpensive way of removing HDCP?

I have a Pioneer plasma with DVI in, but i know it does not support HDCP. When Sky HD comes out i would love to use the HDMI out and convert it to DVI, rather than use the component.

Sky are going to use HDCP via HDMI so is there any way to remove it so i can use my plasma with a digital input?

churchwa

I have searched high and low and could not find any answers. Nobody has posted appropreate headers, i guess they must be hidden within other threads.

It is not a sensitive subject at all, the process is not illegal. I understand that making copies would be, but i am not.

Bernard Barnett

There's a thread in the HD forum called, I think, "Overcoming HDCP". I suggest you get a bit more clued up before disagreeing with someone who's trying to help you.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom