Remove door panel - Toyota Corolla Verso 2004

eden188

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Need some urgent help please.

Trying to remove the front door panels (eventually the back ones as well), I have removed the 1 behind the square plastic cap in the middle of the door, then the 1 behind the electric windows switches, yet still I can't remove the panel.

I think there is 1 more screw behind the door handle, but I cannot remove the plastic cover to get to this screw. Could anyone provide any help (preferrably with some photos), and can confirm that there is a screw behind the door handle please?

I will submit some photos where I have removed and where I think the other 1 is.

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't show a close up of the cover but there apparently is a screw there.

Last edited:
How To Install Replace Door Panel Toyota Corolla 03-08 1AAuto.com - YouTube

Doesn't show a close up of the cover but there apparently is a screw there.

Thanks mate, really appreciate taking the time to find the video for me. Unfortunately, the pull handle (the silver metal part which opens the door), the plastic part does not have a circular plastic cap that normally hides the screw that I have seen in other Toyota doors. Hence I was trying to pry out the whole pull handle but without success, and I don't want to rip it out only to find there is no screw.

I might be cheeky and pop into a Toyota garage and see if they can confirm if there is a screw behind it, and if they can show me how to remove the whole plastic part.

Thanks again.

The outfit that posted the video was answering questions as recently as a month ago so may be worth posting your query on the comments.

ok, finally managed to get the door panel off, as originally guessed, there is a screw behind the door handle, instead of a small circular plastic cap you pry off, you need to pry off the whole piece of plastic under the aluminium door handle. I guessed Toyota has done this to make it cosmetically nicer.

Got another problem though, the speaker mounts seem to be glued and riveted to the door frame ( :( ), so will need to find a way to take this off now.

On my Toyota Verso 2005 model I want to remove teh door panel becise the doors window is sticking. I have found the three screws: below the bottom of the handle, in the window switch recess and bedind the door lock catch. Are there any other fixing or is the panel only held on by plastic studs?
Regards
Trevor

On my Toyota Verso 2005 model I want to remove teh door panel becise the doors window is sticking. I have found the three screws: below the bottom of the handle, in the window switch recess and bedind the door lock catch. Are there any other fixing or is the panel only held on by plastic studs?
Regards
Trevor

If I remember, that's all the screws there are. The rest of the panel is clipped on by some plastic studs as you have said, but start slowly from 1 of the bottom corner, you will need a slight brute force to rip it out, but once you have 1 out, the rest are easy to come off.

I haven't put my door panel back on yet, still need to fit the new speakers in, they're rivetted in :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom