• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Remove Apple ID on Mac mini where user logged out with his Apple ID

Epic5

Novice Member
Hi, old user logged out his Apple ID from work Mac Mini, he did it on his iPhone.
Now he isn't logged in on Mac mini with his Apple ID, but Mac Mini saved his account (Apple ID) in SystemPreferences.
Mac asks for a password to remove user Apple ID, but old user doesn't see Mac Mini in his iCloud in devices.
How to fully remove old Apple ID & log in with new Apple ID?

MacrosTheBlack

It’s asking for the admin password of the Mac itself. Not the users Apple ID password.
Should be the same password you use to login at power on.

Epic5

Novice Member
It’s asking for the admin password of the Mac itself. Not the users Apple ID password.
Should be the same password you use to login at power on.
No, mac asks for Apple ID password, it shows name of old user & his Apple ID. It's not mac admin password.

MaryWhitehouse

Get him to remove it at iCloud.com or if he calls Apple they’ll do it.

MacrosTheBlack

Or create a new user account on the Mac Mini, transfer data needed to new user account. Then delete the old one.

MaryWhitehouse

MaryWhitehouse

Sorry missed was a work Mac. In that case an admin account (if there’s is the only one then they need to come back) should be able to remove him. As for you. You need to create a new local account to login with.

Epic5

Novice Member
Sorry missed was a work Mac. In that case an admin account (if there’s is the only one then they need to come back) should be able to remove him. As for you. You need to create a new local account to login with.
I have local admin account on Mac, but i can't remove Apple ID of old user. I will try to create a new local admin account and login in with new Apple ID.

Epic5

Novice Member
I created a new local Admin user with new AppleID, but old Admin user still has old AppleID.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom