1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remotes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dpc, Dec 2, 2003.

1. dpc

dpc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to replace all my remote controls with one easy to use device. My only problem is
    1, money!!! don't really want to spend much more than say £150-175, which could limit me i'm not really sure.
    2, My kids bless em are only 5 & 10 and will use the device if their mum is not supervising when they watch tv or a video or dvd.
    What would anyone recommend I look at for simple robust easy to use controller apart from banning the kids from watching TV.

the systems it is to be used for are
    pioneer plasma, denon 3803 amp, pioneer dvd player, JVC video, sky digital, subwoofer

Can anyone help, please??

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd suggest that you check out the regular One For All remotes (ie, not the Mosaic which the kids will drop and break).

Most will already have built in codes to work all your devices, and if you find that you have 1 or 2 devices that lack codes, most OFA remotes also have modems built in so you can download the additional codes you need over the phone or from the web.

Plus, with the addition of a homemade JP1 cable, these remotes are programmable from your PC.

All for about £30 or so.

4. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81