1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote's with Dvd32r Query

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by pidge22, Sep 22, 2004.

1. pidge22

pidge22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi,
    I have just bought a Tag Mclaren Dvd32r toploader that I am delighted with.
    However I have a query in the manual it says that the Dvd player should come with two remote's the system backlit remote and a smaller remote.
    I checked with the vendor who says he checked with Tag Mclaren who said that later models (this is 2 yrs old) only come with the smaller remote,does anyone know if this is the case?
    The problem is that all the instructions for setting it up are through the system remote.
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Pidge22

2. NeilS

NeilS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The later DVD32Rs only came with one remote which is identical the the AV32R remote i.e. a full function backlit learning one.

If you only have a DVD function remote then it is from an older player and you're missing the main remote.

Neil

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yep, the older models came with two remotes; the larger backlit learning system remote and the smaller DVD32R specific remote. The later models only came with the larger backlit system remote :smashin:

4. pidge22

pidge22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks for you help have now returned the item as the vendor would not provide the correct remote.
    Pidge22

5. Barry.NI

Barry.NI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Pidge22,

I think that you may have been precipitous, in returning the DVD 32R toploader, which you say that you were pleased with. It is always difficult operating a TAG DVD player, without the complementary TAG processor, as I I have, however I often use the smaller DVD remote , to control the DVD player. Access to all the set up menus, test patterns, playing the disc etc., are on the small remote. Of course when connected to the TAG equipment, it also switches the processor into the DVD mode, and wakes it up from Stby., but I would have thought that without a TAG processor, it would certainly be more than adequate. If you ever bought a TAG processor, it would have the universal remote with it anyway.

6. pidge22

pidge22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I can understand where you are coming from Barry but my concern was selling it on without the main system remote.
    Basically the small remote looked cheap and like something that comes with a Sanyo Midi Unit and not like remote that should be with a Dvd32r that cost 1900 pounds used!
    Pidge22