Remote

shango

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Nun's Cross Farm house out in the middle of dartmoor.
Believe it's now used as a hostel for ramblers/scout groups etc.

Was a dreary day, took some shots from closer around the front then the sun broke through as I was heading back so snapped this, not much going on but shows the scale of it's remoteness.

Remote by Shane, on Flickr

Very moody with good light and a great sky ( a rainbow would have been the icing on the cake here). Nicely composed too, even though it's the back of the building.

Another good entry. Nice moody sky always looks good to me.

Lovely shot, beautiful contrast. My only criticism would be the vignette. I think this would have done perfectly well without it :) (but I'm not a huge fan of the said effect, so very personal opinion).

Lovely shot, beautiful contrast. My only criticism would be the vignette. I think this would have done perfectly well without it :) (but I'm not a huge fan of the said effect, so very personal opinion).
Not keen on the vignette either tbh.

Didn't actually add it myself, the shot was bracketed then merged in Efex Pro which i'd not used before, I'm assuming the vignette was added there. Didn't really notice it much until after I'd finished editing.

Great shot - immediately brings back memories of traipsing there in cold sodden boots on some expedition :)

Nice shot. I agree about the vignette, and imo I'd have preferred the trees and barn to be a touch more to the left, but overall very nice.

Yes lovely shot spoiled for me by the Vignettte - and wold have preferred the "subjects" less central...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom