Remote volume control for XXLS400?

D

Deleted member 598831

Hi there folks. I am using a bk xxls400 but it is positioned so that it is quite tricky to get to the controls. When using the high level out of my AS-500 I can only adjust the amount of bass by tghe bass control on the amp which I think is about 50hz. Sometimes, depending on source material, time of night etc I would just like to knock it back slightly, or boost :devil:

Can someone let me know if the following would be ok as an inline adjuster?

BT934 - B-TECH - LOUDSPEAKER VOLUME CONTROL | CPC

Thank you!:thumbsup:

Steve

Have you experimented with using the 'Loudness' control on the amp (as well as the volume and bass controls) to see if that gives you the type and range of control you need ?

Hi Philip. I have found that the loudness only adds to the bass & treble, I think it just cuts the mid slightly, and as for adjusting the bass it wakes the floor standers sound, how can I put this, not as full bodied. By adjusting the gain on the sub it sounds just right for the classical and female vocaL side of music, but when i want some oof, I turn the gain back up. Its just a pain to do it now its in a rack, so by having a remote dial, it would be ideal, IF the unit can do what I want.

Steve

Can you not use the subwoofer gain control on the amp?

Mine defaults to -7db as set by audyssey but I will sometimes turn it up to -4db or -5db for action movies.

regards

Mark

Hi Langstone, if you have a look at the as-500 it does not have such a feature, if it did, i would use it! Oh by the way its not an av amp, lol

Regards

Steve

Sorry,

Missed that.

Mark:blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom