• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

remote tv question

meghanman

Standard Member
i would like to run a second tv from my hd pvr. currenlty i have the hd pvr (bell 9241) connected to my home theathre with an hdmi cable. i would like to connect a second tv to the pvr. I realize I will have to watch the same channel on both. The second tv will be located outside at the pool bar, approximately 90 feet away. I believe I have 3 options

1. purchase a 100' 22awg hdmi cable and a powered hdmi splitter (the pvr only has one hdmi output)
2. purchase a 100' 18awg rg6 set of component cables (either a 5 wire or 3 wire plus a digital audio cable). the pvr has the component and audio outputs
3. purchase a component extender with digital audio (startech or similiar) and 100' cat5e cable.

The price seems to be similiar either way ($200 for the hdmi, $150 for the component and $140 for the cat5).

Is there a preferred method? I have to consider the conduit pull as well (1-1/4" underground with a 14/3 wire inside)

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom