1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote setup code for avr540 harmon kardon

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by thepope, Jan 8, 2005.

1. thepope

thepope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got hooked up with the comcast new dvr and need the remote setup code for my harmon kardon model avr500 receiver. Haven't found it on the internet, if anyone can help I'd be extremely grateful. Otherwise I'm stuck with using the harmon remote for my volume control and the comcast remote for cable selections.

Thx,
    Pope

2. Sharkster77

Sharkster77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is one that worked for me (sort of)... 30110. An alternate would be 30189. This controls the audio, but sadly, not the on/off. I'm still searching for that code. If you want to LOCK the audio control to that device, as in my case where I use my HK receiver as the primary audio, do this...
    Press and hold SETUP until the selected mode key blinks twice, then release SETUP.
    Enter 9-9-3 (Red light will flash twice)
    Press and release AUX (the device I'm guessing you used for your HK AVRxx) (Red light for selected device will blink twice.

Now you should be able to at least control VOL while in the CABLE mode as well.

I hope this helps....

Sharman77