1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote remote ?????

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure where the best place for this thread is, but seeing as a lot of people with PJ's have dedicated rooms and installations I'll start here.

I have put my AV gear in a cabinet with solid doors and need to be able to control it without the doors open. (don't worry, no speakers have been enclosed within said cabinet).

I though about a simple All-in-One extender, but when the doors are closed the stuff is pretty close to the doors and so I don't have much room to play with.

It has to be pretty cheap too. Soemthing with those stick on IR things that won't take up much space!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Nick

2. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    You can what you wan't from Keene

It is called the Keene IR Distribution Amplifier

Steve

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've attended a number of installs where people have complained about slow response of their projectors to IR almost to the point where they want a new one. (Remote that is)

Turns out the constant signals emitted by some IR repeaters/ boosters etc. are blocking the receiver because it's too busy ignoring the other signals to find it's own comands.

Barco owners can check this, look at the control module ( the one inside with all the flashing lights) there is one marked RCU, if that lights when the Barco Remote is not pressed then some thing else is trying seduce your projector.

The other thing to try is fiber optic cable which transmits IR round corners - depends how powerful your other remotes are.

the Barco remote with new batteries is likely to go through the doors I have used these over 30m with no problem (I get to see some big home cinemas;) )

4. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Guy's,

The Keene looks the best option, and because it uses wands that attach to the ~IR eye on the equipment I think it should not affect the Projector.

I only use the remote to turn it on anyway. It's something to be aware of though.

I think I'll order the Keene and have done with it.

Thanks

Nick

5. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maplins do a IR distribution device, which I understand gives up to 4 IR sensors that stick over the the IR sensor of the equipment.

Depends how much kit you need to control

Rgds

Nathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.