Remote problem on toshiba 32xv505db

scsracing

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have owned my Toshiba 32xv505db for about 5 months now but when i turn it on it takes about 1 minute for the tv to recognize the remote.After it has recognized it for the first time it works perfect there after so it is not a battery problem but it is annoying when i turn it on and can not change channel for the first minute or two.Is this normal?:confused:

Scott

I've had this problem with my WLT68 since buying it a few years back. it is annoying sometimes.

Is it worth chasing up the warranty on it or is it just a normal thing:)

I'd give Toshiba a call to see if they are familiar with the problem, and to see what they suggest.

Rang up Toshiba and the guy said that digital channels can take longer to work and have i tired different types of batteries.I think it must be the digital channels though as volume works straight away just not channel changing:)

Rang up Toshiba and the guy said that digital channels can take longer to work and have i tired different types of batteries.I think it must be the digital channels though as volume works straight away just not channel changing:)

Although I don't own a Toshiba, I did have similar problems with an LG TV. It turns out that if you have the Software Update enabled then the TV takes longer to respond to the remote the first time it's turned on. This is because it checks to see if there are any software updates available.

It might be the same issue with your set too. I ended up turning mine off and it resolved the issue (was advised by an engineer it's better to keep it off).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that,will flick through the menus later and see if i can find it:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom