Remote play

Mr Miaowgi

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking this still doesn’t work for the Xbox series x on iOS?

Trying to use the Xbox app on my iPad Pro to play games and it doesn’t work when trying to connect.

I thought this was a key feature they announced. I know because of apple they haven’t done xcloud yet but remote play via WiFi should surely work.

Remote Play works on my iPad Pro, albeit the video quality is a bit on the shoddy side. Input lag, or lack of it is great, very playable indeed, just the pixelated graphics that are a let down. The app is definite a work in progress in that regard.

I didn’t do anything special to get it set up, just followed the instructions in the app.

Remote Play works on my iPad Pro, albeit the video quality is a bit on the shoddy side. Input lag, or lack of it is great, very playable indeed, just the pixelated graphics that are a let down. The app is definite a work in progress in that regard.

I didn’t do anything special to get it set up, just followed the instructions in the app.
Really? I can’t get it to work with the controller. It’s connected on Bluetooth but doesn’t work.

I’m using it with a PS4 Dual shock controller connected via Bluetooth, and it’s been working fine up to now. So you can connect to and see your Xbox dashboard but just can’t control what happens on screen...?

I’m using it with a PS4 Dual shock controller connected via Bluetooth, and it’s been working fine up to now. So you can connect to and see your Xbox dashboard but just can’t control what happens on screen...?
Ah ok. I have a spare DualShock so will try that. I don’t think the series x controller works on iOS yet.

Remote Play works great for me. Use it to play Snooker 19 while other crap on the TV. I keep the controller connected to the actual console rather than the iPad.

How’s your WiFi? Sounds like a byproduct of a poor connection... (potentially)

Remote Play works great for me. Use it to play Snooker 19 while other crap on the TV. I keep the controller connected to the actual console rather than the iPad.

yes I do the same as well, series x controller connected to console as I’m within range and all seems fine

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom