Remote management login ?

prodrive305

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought this ipod touch and when trying to login it asked for a username and password for login to remote management by ASPH NHS Foundation Trust.

No clue whats going on there can anyone help me ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 16.19.33.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 16.19.33.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 16.19.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-05 at 16.19.14.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Whoever owned it used it for work hence the restrictions.
You'll need to reset it to get full use of it.

Before you can use it to it's full extent you need to wipe and reset it so you can login to it with your own Apple ID (if you have one) or create a new one.

Have you looked for any “ASPH” app you can delete or in the “About” settings?

It was set back to factory settings before I got it. The person I bought it from got this from apple so no clue why it is even asking for these details 🤪

A standard new iPod Touch would not come with that installed.
Someone has installed that and it hasn’t been reset properly…or it was bought from an Apple Business division.
You could try contacting Apple and ask.

It’s evidence of MDM (Mobile Device Management) software applied by the trust, I doubt you can fully reset this.

Where did you buy it from?

If your friend legitimately got it from Apple like this why didn’t they send it back? Its unusable in its current state and as far as I’m aware there’s nothing you can do to resolve that. It needs to go back to Apple.

no way of removing this ? thanks
No, it will have likely been enrolled in Apple DEP and probably Apple Business Manager via InTune so you’ve bought a brick I’m afraid. A brick or device that’s still listed on this NHS Trust’s CMDB I would say.

If your friend legitimately got it from Apple like this why didn’t they send it back? Its unusable in its current state and as far as I’m aware there’s nothing you can do to resolve that. It needs to go back to Apple.
This wasn’t sourced from Apple in this state, not a chance.

It’s all very strange … but true 😂.

Thanks all for the advice and Input 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom