remote lighting and blinds for cinema room-recommendations?

NeilTh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

just finishing off a dedicated home theatre room in my home and looking for some recommendations for remote control lighting and (blackout) blinds.

I dont want to spend a fortune of this aspect - any good recommendations?

thanks

Neil

Blinds are never cheap - Silent Gliss, Lutron, Somfy all seem to cost £1000 plus per window in my experience.

Lighting - Helvar Digidim 4, Lutron Graffik Eye, iLight Zen, Leax Scenemaster 4 and loads of others that are similar. All are 4 circuit (or more) dimming controllers with IR. Some are packaged with a keypad and IR controller all in (such as the Helvar Digidim4) others come with the basic controller and keypads & IR are extra (if you need them). The Leax controller is neat - it fits a standard deep double back box.

Try Rako - www.rakocontrols.com for lighting, about £125 per circuit, offers curtain and blind controllers all off the same 'scene' buttons on the remote or wall plate. Wireless as well!

For blinds / curtains - Goelst's G Rail range,, minimal info on the web but prices can be good, and they are very quiet! What size are you looking for?

Hi

Futronix and Lutron lighting systems both have blind control units available but they may be a bit expensive for a single room system.

Sorry only just spotted this post but "just finnishing off" would appear to me a bad time to start thinking about automation lighting may not be a problem but auto binds may not be as easy to add. I use some x10 although its on the basic side its easy to add to and is quite adaptable to most situations it jsut takes a lot of lateral thinking but then thats one of the things i like about it

Hi there,

As you can see from the link the Swish Autoglide is no longer in production, however, the tooling and production was bought out by Silent Gliss and is now produced by them with the plastic rail being replaced by an aluminium one. A very reliable and inexpensive product, in the world of electric curtain tracks that is.
However if you are after dim-out/blackout blinds there are some cheaper alternatives to the products mentioned, notably a company called Farnborough Blinds 01689 831591 (producing their own products) or Decorama Interiors 01784 254943 (marketing several manufacuters). These type of blinds are never going to be cheap as they are custom made, but do provide simple and effective light blocking (blinds are available in manual as well as electric versions).
Any other queies regarding window treatments, please mail me (9 years experience in the trade particularly in this field).

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom