Remote help please!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Eyeball, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Eyeball

Eyeball
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...

I'm looking for a remote to control most of my devices (DVD TV etc) but most of all I need it to be compatible or at with my Freeview box....a Thomson DTI 2300.

Can anyone recommend something that will work? I was thinking of the Harmony SST-659 but according to Horny Dragon the 655 does the job. Any others worth considering? I need something that is easy to operate, I don't mind doing all the config stuff as long as it's got good instructions.

Anyone have any ideas....I'm a little clueless when it come to AV stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Not sure if you know this site:
    www.remotecentral.com
    It has everything to do with remotes (surprinsingly.....) it could be of help.

3. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much are you looking to spend? Remotes like the Harmony and pronto, etc are great remotes but they run a bit expensive. Also, are you looking for a regular buttoned remote or a touchscreen?

If you want an inexpensive buttoned remote, you could get a One For All remote. many UK models are phone-upgradeable, so even if it doesn't have all the codes you need, you can download them over the phone and the web.

Also, with the addition of a JP1 cable, you can program OFA remotes from your PC.

If you don't like the UK OFA models, I have a few select US models available that I can sell you, along with a JP1 cable. Shipping to the UK is $9.