• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Remote friendly screen/mesh for cabinet

captain69

Established Member
Hi,

I'm buiding some MDF cabinets either side of my chimney breast for AV equipment - plasma on the chimney. The cabinets will be enclosed so I have 2 issues to solve - heat and remote control. Me an SWMBO don't get on with all-in-one remotes with RF or whatever so we've decided to have the front of these cabinets either covered in speaker cloth or a mesh/grille to allow the IR to travel through. This should also solve any heat build up.

Can anybody recommend a product? We like minimal/modern and don't want them to end up looking like radiators! Thanks.

captain69

Established Member
Thanks - I think this will lead to overheating as the cabinets are completely enclosed except for some 5-10mm vents in asking the joiner to put in the tops of them.

Anybody else with recommendations for a front screen/mesh?

AVGuru1985

Standard Member
BDI Avion cabinets have speaker inserts available for all of the doors. They are IR friendly as well. I have the 8527 kit and it is superb,

captain69

Established Member
Looked on their webiste and can't see any "kits" or reference to them. Can you send a link?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom