1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Extenders

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Astaroth, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Ok, have a return signal from my sky+ RF2 socket which goes via a distributer/booster and then to all the other ariel sockets arround the house. I only have a TV in the bedroom (other than the main TV) and would like to be able to control my sky+ box from the bedroom.

Looking arround there appears to be the cheapest solution of using a small toy that sends its signal via the arial cable back to the sky box but some sites seem to suggest that these dont work well with boosters - none mention if you can use it with a distributer at all.

Does anyone have any experience of using these things? Do they work well? Will it work going back through a distributor or not? I know there are also the likes of the digieye but as these are over 3 times the price and much more kit I would prefer the smaller thing if it will work.

Cheers

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
  3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Sam

Many thanks for the response. The property was all prewired with Sky+ feeds, return, the distributor box (which is in a cupboard and has a strange glowing blue light - though I get the same quality of picture if it is turned on or off) when the property was bought from new.

Is there any way of finding out if the thing would work with my particular big white box with blue glowing light? If I turn it off would that change the situation or is it the hard wiring that causes the problem rather than the boosting element? Sorry I have little idea on how these things work