1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote extenders - good bad and ugly

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Gregory, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all,

I need to get a remote extender to allow the IR to get into a cupboard. There seemto be various options, and I was wondering if anyone had any experience on which work well, and more critically if there are any that should be avoided?

Cheers

Greg

2. WoodyC

WoodyC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the one from Keane. It's very good and I've not had any problems with it. Didn't even need to have the IR wands pointing directly at the Sky box, video etc. I'd provide a link but I've just checked and the website's not working. I think if you do a search in this section there's another thread about this with a couple of suggestions.

**Oops**

Typed the address wrong. The link is

http://www.keene.co.uk/cgi-bin/codesearch.pl?IRBKITS

3. dodgyd

dodgyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    WoodyC,
    The product that you've linked to (£39.99 inc vat), does that come with everything you need to be able to control 5 or 6 devices that are stored inside a cabinet? I don't need any additional power supplies, cables etc etc?

Thanks,
    Dave.

4. WoodyC

WoodyC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think so yes. You get the control box, receiver, two emitters and a power supply. I've got it controlling my dvd/amp, sky box and video inside a MDF cupboard. You can add additional emitters (max 4 I think). It says on the instructions that they need to be pointing at the equipment you want to control but mine are just placed loosely at the side of the cabinet and seem to work fine. If in any doubt just email Keene or phone them. They were very helpfull.

5. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    big thumbs up for the keene gear :D

being a technical dodo i went to see them yesterday and they sorted me out with the remote extender kit which works great!!

if you want to visit them - good luck - their map and multimap will have you driving around little eaton until christmas!!

harder to find than a virgin in *******