• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

remote extender?

thekingbeyond

Distinguished Member
Just got a new tv and had to move my equipment about, I no longer have line of sight to my gear, the normal supplied remotes no longer control any thing. My home theater master mx500 controls some but not all so I need some form of extender, the equipment is kept in a glass fronted unit. Does any one have any recommendations for an extender.

Quiznite

Established Member
IR repeater . http://www.circuit-innovations.co.uk/

I have used this kit and the chap will build it and post it for about £30.

It is a detector then 3 foot cable to a reapter box that has 2 wires with 2 IR transmitters on each. I use it to control all my av gear hidden behind wooden dorrs with the recevier behind a small piece of material wich picks up the signal.

It works fantasticly and I have not seen anything else anywhere near this price..

I can post some pics if my description makes no sense

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Keene supply all the bits to do thi you buy a reciever, a box and some emmiter to spec dead easy (for more complex sytems there are thinds like QED roomlink

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom