1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Dimmer

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Truecelt, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a great light dimmer for my home theatre room at B+Q. The novel thing is that this dimmer can be programmed to work from a spare button on any remote control. I installed mine in my cinema room to dim 5 x 50w halogen flush mounted downlighters.(each unit can take halogen up to 250w load) I programmed the dimmer from a spare button on my panasonic pta200 projector remote, this works really well and gives a professional feel to the room, also means no getting up to turn the lights on and off! The switch is also touch sensitive and comes in brushed aluminium, chrome, white and antique brass for £22!!!. There is also an optional remote which will control up to 7 switches for £7.99 which B+Q also stock. Highly recommended.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Moved to Home Automation.

3. Cornelius

Cornelius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Tezdread

Tezdread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great idea, but I guess it would be difficult to program as part of a remote control macro due to the locatation of various devices...all the same if it means you can remain in your seat it's got my buy in...

5. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how that would work Tez. Only thing I can say is that the dimmer switch is located behind my usual viewing settee under my projector. Just as with the projector though, I can dim the lights by facing the remote to the screen in front (my AV setup is also front left). Still, looks the part - works well and costs next to nuthin.

6. fufna

fufna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi Guys

Does anyone know of a 3 gang panel?

I have 4x 50 watt mains voltage downlighters in ceiling, 2 of these in the fireplace and 2 x 100 watt linear.

Each of the lights are operated by a switch and therefore I need something that can independantly operate three sets of lights with a loading of 500 watts.

Thanks

Tone

8. fufna

fufna

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    futronix?

9. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    3 of the above?

10. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    3 of the above...hmmm lemme think...nah thats too much although I suppose a double and a single would do, just wanted to maintain the single socket footprint if possible.

The futronix - I did look into this and couldnt understand the requirements as I'm not that electrical minded, but certainly I think I could get away with two sets of panels side by side. Got to talk to her indoors!!

Thanks again for your points.

Tone